from Private Excursion to Muir Woods and Sausalito
Nothing prepares you for the tranquil hush and serenity of these magnificent old-growth woodlands, stretching deep and dark along the Pacific Coast with mesmerizing views of Muir Woods. On your private excursion to Muir Woods and Sausalito, you will:
- Enjoy hotel pick-up by your private driver-guide and cross the spectacular Golden Gate Bridge.
- Soak up spectacular views across the Bridge, the Bay, and the city skyline.
- Explore the raw serenity of the 300-foot old-growth soaring redwoods at Muir Woods (with entrance included).
- Discover the National Monument’s deep green glades and leafy winding trails.
- Enjoy lunch at the pretty seaside town of Sausalito, north of the Golden Gate Bridge (price not included in the tour).
- Browse Sausalito’s houseboat enclaves built by artistic squatters after WWII.
- Enjoy hotel drop-off at your hotel or somewhere in the city center of your choosing.
Resplendent 300-foot redwood trees soar skyward in atmospheric Muir Woods where shady, peaceful glades evoke the prehistoric origins of this magnificent species. Dedicated to the father of America’s national parks in 1908, beautiful Muir Woods rise up from a fern-clad valley rich in wildlife, part of a National Monument within California’s Golden Gate National Recreation Area, to the north of San Francisco.
On this Private Excursion to Muir Woods and Sausalito, learn about the foundation of one of our first and most loved US National Monuments, and walk a thriving old-growth Coastal Redwood Forest. Follow leafy winding trails that inspired John Muir’s strong voice for the preservation of America's most special places. Along the way, cross the Golden Gate Bridge and enjoy vistas of the San Francisco skyline, Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay. After returning via a scenic mountain road, enjoy a visit to the charming and upscale waterfront hamlet Sausalito for lunch, with reservations made in advance for you.